Okay, I don't get the obsession with Hooters. What's so great about being served so-so food by some barely clothed women? My dad says it's the wings. Suuuurrrreeee. Okay all the women reading this, roll your eyes with me. Then take a look at this recipe... and all his excuses will be blown to bits.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup corn flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
20 chicken wing segments
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- In a shallow dish, combine flours, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers.
- Coat chicken entirely in the flour mixture; refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour; coat chicken again with remaining flour mixture.
- Melt butter and hot sauce together, keep warm.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat corn or peanut oil to 375F.
- Deep-fry chicken, 8 - 10 pieces at a time for 13 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain chicken on a wire cooling rack for 30 seconds, then immediately toss fried chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.