Now normally I wouldn't pass on a recipe without testing it, but this just sounded too good to pass up! Besides, the main component of the pie is a tried and tested recipe from my grandma, so I doubt it's too far removed from it's tasty self! If you're looking for more pie recipes from the movie, someone put together this handy site with some of the other offerings!
Lonely Toronto (or Chicago) Pie
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp melted, salted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups 1% milk
1 (9 or 10 inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust
1/2 cup fresh strawberries or blackberries, lightly crushed
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp salted butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca flour, and cinnamon.
- Add the beaten egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix well, and add the milk.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake 40 minutes.
- Top pie evenly with crushed berries, return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Let cool completely on rack.
- Melt together chocolate chips and 1 tsp butter, pour thoroughly over baked pie.
- Allow to chill in fridge before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 13.8 g
Cholesterol: 25.1 mg
Sodium: 191.9 mg
Total Carbs: 42.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Protein: 3.1 g