Take note: I forgot to include in last year's write up that this recipe cannot be halved. Doubled, yes, but no more, and certainly not less!
Mom’s Shortbread Cookies
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 cups flour
- Cream butter, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Sift icing sugar and flour into the creamed mixture.
- Mix to combine into a workable dough.
- Roll out and cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate wias desired.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 20 minutes. Cookies should not have much, if any, browning!
- Let cool completely on sheets.
Looking for the NI on this recipe? Well, you could check out the original posting, but really, if you're eating a double batch of these (that's a pound of butter, guys!) you can't really worry about your waistline.