¼ cup sweet rice flour
7 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, room temperature
2 tbsp shortening
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup milk
3 tbsp vodka
2 tbsp creme de menthe liqueur
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp peppermint extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add milk, vodka, creme de menthe and extracts. The mixture will look curdled.
- Gradually, add in the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Shape dough into two logs, about 1 ½” in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1-2 hours, until dough is very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375F, line baking sheets with parchment or silicone.
- Slice dough into rounds not more than ¼” thick – otherwise will not be crisp.
- Place on the sheets fairly close together – they don’t spread that much.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely on a wire rack before dipping in chocolate.
10 oz dark or semisweet chocolate
1 tbsp shortening
½ tsp peppermint oil (make sure it is an oil-based product, like for candy making, otherwise the chocolate will seize - I used LorAnn's)
- Combine chocolate and shortening in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Melt until chocolate is smooth. Stir in the extract.
- Dip each cookie in melted chocolate and transfer to a wire rack set over a piece of wax paper to set up for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour.
Total Fat: 5.6 g
Cholesterol: 6.2 mg
Sodium: 18.2 mg
Total Carbs: 15.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 1.3 g