- In a medium bowl, combine cereal, sunflower seeds, prunes, cranberries, raisins and dates.
- Pour Grand Marnier over the mixture and stir gently to cover the mixture.
- Cover loosely and let stand overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine starter, rye flour and 55 mL warm water. Let stand 4 hours.
- In another bowl combine flour, whole wheat flour, gluten flour, salt and sugar, whisking well.
- Add the flour mixture and remaining water to the starter mixture, adding water if necessary.
- Mix well to form a pliable, slightly soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead (or use a dough hook) for 12-15 minutes, until elastic and smooth.
- Place into an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rest 2 hours.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and pat into a flat rectangle.
- Drain any remaining liqueur (there shouldn't be any) from the soaked mixture and discard.
- Spread the soaked mixture evenly over the dough and fold in (using letter/book-type folding like for puff pastry) until evenly incorporated. It will take quite a bit of work as there's almost as much stuff as dough, but work at it!
- Shape dough into a squat oval. Place on parchment or silicone-lined baking sheets, cover loosely and allow to rise 3-4 hours, until puffed.
- Preheat the oven to 425F and place a pan of hot water on the lowest rack or floor of the oven.
- Place in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 400F.
- Bake 10 minutes, then remove the pan of water and continue baking for 25 further minutes.
- Turn oven off, crack the door and allow to sit inside 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack and cooling completely.
Total Fat: 3.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 33.3 mg
Total Carbs: 40.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
Protein: 6.5 g