2 oz (7 tbsp) soy flour
6 tbsp unflavoured isolated soy protein powder
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
¼ tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 oz (12 tbsp) cocoa powder
10 oz silken tofu
4.5 oz (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
7 oz (1 2/3 cup) brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup plain soy milk
2 oz (5 tbsp) miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease a 9 x 13” pan and line the bottom with parchment.
- In a small microwave safe bowl (or in a pot over medium-low heat), gently melt the chocolate (use no higher than MEDIUM power so chocolate won’t scorch). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, isolated soy protein powder, flaxseed, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
- In a food processor puree tofu, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla, canola oil, and soy milk to the processor and blend in well.
- Add the dry mixture to the ingredients in the processor. Pulse in until just incorporated, do not allow processor to run continuously.
- Add miniature chocolate chips and pulse in briefly, just to mix in.
- Scrape into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs (but not wet batter).
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving. Frost if desired.
Total Fat: 6.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 50.4 mg
Total Carbs: 27.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 5.8 g