1 ½ cups vanilla cookie crumbs
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 cups whole milk ricotta
8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup honey
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 375 F, line the bottom of a 9” springform pan with parchment and wrap the outside of the pan in foil.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugar, lemon extract and butter in a large bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and 2” up the side of the pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, set aside to cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
- In a food processor, puree ricotta and mascarpone until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and sugar, blend well, stopping the machine occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Blend in the honey and lemon zest.
- Mix together lemon juice and cornstarch, then add to the food processor with the eggs and egg yolk and pulse until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the crust, and transfer the pan to a large roasting pan.
- Pour hot water into the roasting pan halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, covering the pan with foil after 40 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour in the roasting pan, then remove from the water bath and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate (covered) 24 hours before serving.
Total Fat: 21.5 g
Cholesterol: 112.2 mg
Sodium: 139.4 mg
Total Carbs: 23.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 7.3 g
After the dishes were all washed and cleared away, and the guests were all in various states of satiety, I turned to my mom and said "so I guess I can let you know now that I wrote that cheesecake recipe, right?". I'm not sure if she overly cared at that point, because she didn't reply!