These also travel well - which helped around the holidays - and the dough freezes beautifully too so you can bake it off as needed. That said, these really are at their best when completely cool, and leave them on the sheet for that otherwise you will have Pumpkin Gogi Granola crumbles!
Shared with Gluten-Free Wednesdays
Pumpkin Gogi Granola Cookies
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
½ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/3cup brown sugar
1 tbsp gluten free vanilla extract
½ cup sorghum flour
¼ cup soy flour
¼ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup tapioca flour
¼ cup cornstarch
1 tsp guar gum
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup gluten free cereal (such as Sunrise® Crunchy Maple from Nature’s Path)
¼ cup gogi berries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone.
- Place the pumpkin in a small baking dish. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, until it’s reduced to ½ cup.
- Set aside to cool. Leave oven on.
- Cream the coconut oil and the sugars in a mixer until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla and pumpkin.
- Add the flours, cornstarch, guar gum, pie spice and salt and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the cereal and gogi berries to make a rather stiff and dry feeling dough.
- Place golf-ball size balls of dough on the sheet and press the tops down slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until turning just golden around the edges.
- Cool completely on the sheet.
Total Fat: 6.6 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 110.5 mg
Total Carbs: 22.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
Protein: 1.9 g