I mean, come on, this is the ultimate in Surf n' Turf indulgence (which for some odd reason is always on the Valentine's menus these days). Filet mignon is stuffed with a luscious lemon-garlic butter and lobster combination and roasted to perfection.
Serves 2, generously!
12 oz Filet Mignon, whole
1 lobster tail, steamed and cooled
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove lobster shell by snipping up the center with scissors, and peeling away the sides.
- Slice a large pocket into the side of the roast.
- Stuff chunks of lobster into the pocket.
- Combine butter, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour into pocket.
- Close the pockets, and tie the roast closed with cotton string.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan and bake for about 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- The internal temperature of the filets should be at least 145F (for rare, and I don't reccomend any more than medium-rare).
- Slice the roast into two steaks and serve
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 37.3 g
Cholesterol: 173.3 mg
Sodium: 445.5 mg
Total Carbs: 3.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
Protein: 48.0 g