Needless to say this recipe makes enough dough for 16 cookies, but with Nutella in the mix, you wouldn't really be able to stop at one "normal" cookie now, would you? Make 8 jumbo discs... you'll be glad you did.
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch kosher salt
2 tbsp shortening
1/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed into 3 tbsp cold water
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, line two baking sheets with silicone or parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, coconut, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, Nutella, sugar and honey.
- Add the cornstarch slurry and beat well.
- Add the dry mixture and stir just to combine, then add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Bake for 12 minutes and cool completely on the sheets.
Total Fat: 10.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 6.1 mg
Total Carbs: 29.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 2.2 g