5 oz silken tofu
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp corn syrup
2 oz (1/4 cup) shortening
5.5 oz (13 tbsp) superfine sugar
4.6 oz (1 1/3 cups) flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 oz unsweetened chocolate (yup, no sugar or milk at all), chopped into small pieces and frozen
1 oz mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In the microwave or a double boiler, melt white chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree tofu, vanilla and corn syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add tofu mixture, followed by white chocolate, beating well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Fold in unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet (greasing doesn’t work well with these!), leaving at least 2” between them – they spread!.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. Cool completely on sheets.
Total Fat: 6.6 g
Cholesterol: 2.2 mg
Sodium: 9.5 mg
Total Carbs: 20.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 2.3 g