1/4 cup low-fat milk, warmed
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup shortening
2/3 cup sugar
Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
Triple Almond Truffles
Makes 102 tsp cocoa powder
10 Hershey's Almond Kisses (or chocolate covered almonds are good!)
- In a microwave-safe bowl (or a double boiler over low heat), melt together chocolate, butter and almond milk until smooth.
- Cover and chill 2 hours, until firm.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cereal crumbs, almonds and cocoa powder in a shallow dish.
- When chocolate mixture has chilled, take roughly 2-tsp sized portions of it and flatten into a disc between your hands.
- Place a Kiss or almond in the centre of the disc and wrap the edges around it, rolling and squeezing if necessary to completely cover the filling.
- Roll each ball in the cereal, ensuring to coat all sides.
Protein: 1.3 g