Easy Tender Biscuits
1 cup flour, plus more for dusting
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp salt
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar (if you want sweet biscuits for breakfast, add 3 tablespoons)
1 ½ cups whole milk (or half-and-half cream)
Optional add-ins (not included in NI):
2 teaspoons of any spice (cinnamon or garlic powder, herbs, black pepper, etc.)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese or coconut
- Preheat oven to 500 F and coat a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the flours, salt, baking powder, sugar, and milk (plus any mix-ins if using) until the dough forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Fold the dough in half, and knead 5 to 7 times. Add only enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands.
- Gently pat the dough out into a ½” thickness.
- Cut dough into 8 biscuits with a round cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place on baking sheet, leaving at least 1” between each biscuit.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm!
Total Fat: 1.8 g
Cholesterol: 4.6 mg
Sodium: 18.6 mg
Total Carbs: 16.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 3.5 g