This month the #RecipeRedux team is having a Pizza Party! No need to pick up the phone to order in, a healthy and delicious movie night with the kids, girls' night in, friendly cooking competition or home-late-from-work weeknight dinner is right at your fingertips!
French Toast Mini - Pizzas
¼ cup plain unsweetened soy, almond or flax milk
1 tbsp chickpea flour
¼ tsp sea salt
Pinch dried oregano
1 gluten free English muffin, split (Kinnikinnick is both GF and vegan, not to mention delicious)
1 tsp camelina oil
2 tbsp salsa
1 large white mushroom, sliced (sautéed if desired)
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, chickpea flour, salt, oregano and paprika until smooth.
- Dip each half of the English muffin into the batter, allowing it to soak just long enough to moisten the bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add the camelina oil.
- When hot, add the English muffin halves to the skillet and cook 1 minute per side, until firm and browned.
- Top with salsa and mushroom slices, or your favourite options.
Total Fat: 9.4 g
Cholesterol: 1.5 mg
Sodium: 407.4 mg
Total Carbs: 48.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
Protein: 7.8 g