Shannon's Lemon-Cranberry Scones
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ cups cake flour
¼ cup sugar
⅓ cup Truvia Baking Blend
1 tbsp soy lecithin granules (optional, helps maintain texture if freezing!)
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp salt
¼ cup chilled unsalted butter, diced
½ cup non-hydrogenated shortening, chilled and diced
½ tsp lemon extract
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ cup chilled half and half
½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp lemon extract
1/4 cup lemon juice (more or less depending on consistency)
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, Truvia, lecithin, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add lemon extract, lemon juice and cream, stirring just until mixed. Gently mix in cranberries.
- Knead gently 6-8 times, just until it comes together.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, pat dough into two circles about ½” thick.
- Using a sharp knife, score each circle into 6 wedges, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Freeze 1 hour if baking the same day. For later baking, place the tray in the freezer until solid, then wrap scone discs and store in a zip-top bag.
- Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon extract.
- Add just enough lemon juice until you reach a thick “icing/glaze” consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled scones and allow to harden.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 13.7 g
Cholesterol: 14.4 mg
Sodium: 32.0 mg
Total Carbs: 44.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 3.4 g