"Pax Romana" Cookies
Makes 24 (standard-size) cookies
1/3 cup butter-flavoured (or regular) shortening
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp almond extract
½ tsp lemon extract
1 cup flour
¼ cup ground almonds
¼ tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add almond milk, vanilla and extracts, beating until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk tohether flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture and mix by hand until blended.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface about 1/8" thick.
- Cut dough into small cookies.
- Place 1" on ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate as desired.
- Bake 5 - 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer cookies to cooling rack.
Total Fat: 3.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 0.6 mg
Total Carbs: 6.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 0.8 g