Double C Double P Cookies
Slightly adapted from Jenny of Picky Palate
½ cup butter
¼ cup shortening
1 cup white sugar (I'd reduce this to ¾ cup next time)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup EggBeaters egg substitute (or 2 eggs, beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup crunchy peanut butter (not natural-style)
1 cup flour
¾ cup oat flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 ¼ cups cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup white chocolate chips
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheet. (I used a cookie sheet with a silpat liner).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add EggBeaters, vanilla and peanut butter, beating until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, cornstarch, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add to wet ingredients, mixing well, then stir in chocolate chips and pretzels.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes (they will still be soft in the center).
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Total Fat: 13.2 g
Cholesterol: 9.8 mg
Sodium: 131.9 mg
Total Carbs: 32.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
Protein: 4.8 g