If you are any sort of caramel, banana, or chocolate fan (guilty on 2/3 - I don't like raw bananas unless they're green!), these are a great treat for you. They're vegan (if you made the Chunky Aztec Chocolate Granola with agave), whole grain, and even low fat! Biting into one, though, all you'll think is "time for dessert".
Caramel Granola Cookies
1 ½ cups oat flour
½ tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer (or 1 egg)
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1 tbsp non-hydrogenated shortening
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup Simple Salted Caramel Sauce
1 ½ cups Chunky Aztec Chocolate Granola
- In a bowl, mix together your flour, egg replacer, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat together your mashed banana and shortening until fluffy.
- Beat in the caramel and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients, then fold in the granola.
- Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Total Fat: 2.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 93.5 mg
Total Carbs: 18.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
Protein: 1.5 g