Nutella Stuffed Black Bean and Banana Cookies, Very Red Velvet Brownies or these Fudge Brownies?
Today for #SundaySupper, I decided to make one of the staffer's favourite cookies. Not only are they deliciously rich, moist and chewy, but they have no oil or butter in the dough. Instead, the creaminess of a ripe, buttery avocado adds all the good fat you'd want, without any off-putting flavours at all. If anything, the avocado lends an almost "browned butter" type of nuttiness that's only improved upon with the whole grain flours! For extra "oomph", I tossed in a scoop of protein powder (left over from my stepbrother's pre-wedding training kick last year), and kept the sugar down with xylitol.
While I wouldn't say they're "health food", I will say they're mighty tasty - and perhaps slightly better for you than the storebought Mr. ________ or Mrs. _________.
Lets see what other healthier options are on the menu tonight!
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savoury Soups and Sides
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi’s Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ripe avocados, peeled
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
⅓ cup xylitol
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat flour
1 tbsp Homemade Egg Replacer powder
¼ cup vanilla flavoured whey or soy protein powder (or skim milk powder)
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mash together avocado, egg, sugars, xylitol and vanilla.
- Add flours, egg replacer, protein powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt and mix in well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on the sheets.
Total Fat: 3.3 g
Cholesterol: 5.3 mg
Sodium: 5.9 mg
Total Carbs: 13.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
Protein: 1.6 g