The original combination used clover honey and created sugar-dusted lollipops, but I was given some absolutely delicious orange blossom honey and decided to use that. Not having any candy sticks at home (and frankly, being too cheap to buy any), the lollipops turned into candy "drops" - making them deliciously suckable treats on the go with much less fuss. If I was making this again, I'd definitely opt for one of the flavourful varieties - for example manuka (not the raw, medicinal kind though), leatherwood or (my all time favourite) chestnut. Even though a mere ¼ cup of the sweetener makes it into the pot, it's combination with pure apple cider elevates both flavours and definitely makes you appreciate the nuances in each!
This week, the Sunday Supper tastemakers have put on their super-cook capes on to save the day (or dinner) with recipes that use five or fewer ingredients. (Water, salt, pepper, and oil are “freebies” that do not count as ingredients.) From pasta dishes to slow cooker entrees to delicious sweet treats to enticing appetizers, you’ll be inspired to try these easy recipes. T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley is our host this week. Thanks T.R.!
Appetizers and Snacks
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- 5 Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 5 Ingredient Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel and Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Five Ingredient Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Fool-Proof 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Fresh Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Shrimp and Asparagus with 5 Ingredients by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Easy Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Apple Drop Candy
Makes ~25 pieces
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
¼ cup amber honey (vegans can use amber agave or a vegan "honey")
¼ cup unsweetened apple cider
- Line a baking sheet with Silpat and set aside.
- Combine sugar, cream of tartar, honey or corn syrup and juice in a medium saucepan.
- Insert a candy thermometer, bring to a boil and cook until temperature reaches 300F.
- Remove from heat and with heatproof gloves, use a small ladle or tablespoon to pour drops of the hot sugar onto the prepared sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and store in a single layer in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Total Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 0.7 mg
Total Carbs: 11.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
Protein: 0.0 g