Adapted from 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes: Quick, Easy, Fun Ideas by Julie Hasson
3 eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp orange-infused olive or canola oil
zest of 2 oranges
juice of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¾ cups flour
1 cup spelt flour
½ cup vanilla sugar
¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup bittersweet chocolate jumbo chips or chunks
¼ cup miniature chocolate chips
¼ cup coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Heat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until light and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Add oil, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Add the flours, sugar, Truvia and baking powder and beat well, adding 1-2 tbsp water or orange juice if the dough is crumbly.
- Mix in the chocolate.
- Divide dough in half and, with damp hands, shape each into a log about 8” long and 1” high.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool on the sheets for 10 minutes.
- With a sharp, serrated knife, slice each log diagonally into ½” slices.
- Place slices, cut side down, back onto the sheets and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Cool completely on the sheets.
Total Fat: 4.0 g
Cholesterol: 21.4 mg
Sodium: 8.8 mg
Total Carbs: 20.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
Protein: 2.8 g