That's where this luxurious quickbread factors in. Not only does chocolate come in four forms (cocoa, cacao nibs, chocolate covered peanuts and chocolate chips), but it gets a fudgy, slightly tangy body from sour cream, extra nuttiness and everlasting moisture from chia seeds and a welcome peppering of crunch from chocolate-covered peanuts. It's one heck of a package - and all in a gluten free eggless wrapping too! I even took some of this to a friend of mine for their birthday, and they devoured it without even contemplating it's dietary status. For a real treat (a la the restaurant dessert menu), warm up a slice in an individual baking dish in the oven and top with a scoop of ice cream. Heaven!
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme / ingredient. This month, we're featuring breads with cocoa, cacao or carob in any form.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Check out all the chocolatey goodness we're serving up!
- Chocolate & Cherry Swirl Breads from The Bread She Bakes
- Chocolate Orange Swirl Buns from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Chocolate and Vanilla Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Chocolate Banana Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Buttermilk Quick Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Filled Bundt Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Monkey Bread from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls from From Gate to Plate
- Chocolate Yeast Bread from Cook's Hideout
- Croatian Povitica - Chocolate Walnut Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Pocket Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Dark Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns from Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Chocolate Espresso Scones from Wholistic Woman
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Egg Free 45 Minutes Chocolate Buns from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Eggless Chocolate Babka from I Camp in my Kitchen
- Eggless Chocolate Swirl Buns from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Eggless Triple Chocolate Scones from Spill the Spices
- Four-Chocolate Sour Cream Quickbread from What Smells So Good?
- Leopard Print Bread from Spiceroots
- Pain Au Chocolat (Chocolate filled Croissants) from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Pane Al Cioccolato - Chocolate Bread from Ruchik Randhap
- Petits Pain au Chocolat - Mini Chocolate Croissant from Sneha's Recipe
- Sourdough Cacao Sweet Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Sweet Russian Chocolate Braid from Hostess At Heart
- Two Chocolates Greek Yogurt Banana Bread from La cocina de Aisha
Also shared with Gluten Free Fridays
Four - Chocolate Sour Cream Quickbread
Makes 1 loaf, 12 slices
3 tbsp ground chia seeds
½ cup warm coffee
½ cup softened, salted butter
½ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
½ cup cocoa
¼ tsp salt
1 cup quinoa flour
¾ cup sorghum flour
⅓ cup potato starch
1 tbsp guar gum
1 tsp baking soda
½ tbsp baking powder
2 cups low-fat (not fat free) sour cream
½ cup miniature chocolate chips
⅓ cup chocolate covered peanuts or toasted nuts (Peanut M&M's are GF)
1 tbsp cacao nibs
1 tsp raw sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a large loaf pan (I used a glass one that stated “9x5” but got 4 muffins from the batter as well).
- Combine the chia and coffee in a small dish, set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, cocoa, salt and chia mixture, beating well.
- Combine the flours, starch, guar gum, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add half the dry mixture to the bowl, beating well, then mix in all the sour cream.
- Beat in remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, peanuts and cacao nibs.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with raw sugar. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out with moist crumbs and the edges begin to pull away from the sides. Tent with foil if the top begins to overcook.
- Let cool completely in the pan.
Total Fat: 18.7 g
Cholesterol: 37.0 mg
Sodium: 79.6 mg
Total Carbs: 44.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.6 g
Protein: 5.6 g