Working with a gaggle and a half of children Monday to Friday, I like to think that I can (more or less) forecast their reactions when it comes to certain foods. Am I always right? Not a chance - Kheer, for example, won over 3/4 of the gang, but some of the younger ones I thought for sure would be fans of the warm, creamy concoction refused to eat more than a single bite. Then there was Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties, which no kid-lit cookbook author would dream of including in their next best-seller, yet have garnered more than one request for a repeat. I guess children are nothing if unpredictable!
That said, I have yet to meet a child of any age (including fully grown!) who would pass up a cookie. And honestly, what could be better than a cookie for this occasion? How about a tender, melt in your mouth, vegan cookie packed with jujubes that you can slice and bake at a moment's notice? Yup, these cookies get a meltaway-like texture thanks to vegan cream cheese, oat flour and coconut flour that is just sturdy enough to encapsulate chewy. chopped up jujubes. I made a double batch of these last year at Christmastime and stored it in the freezer (packed into wax-paper-lined paper towel tubes), periodically pushing out and slicing the perfect amount I needed for whatever occasion I was baking for. Just call them cookies for the 5-second-baby set!
What do our kids (or the kids in your life) like to eat? Let me know in the comments, and be sure to check out the other offerings for this event hosted by Ellen of Family Around The Table!
- Dueling Gyozas – Pork vs. Tofu by Food Lust People Love
- Kid-Approved Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips by Dessert Geek
- S’mores Cheeseball by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Aunt Deborah’s Snickerdoodles by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Frozen Custard by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Easy Nutella Mousse by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fairy Bread Funfetti Milkshakes by The Crumby Cake
- Grape Juice Jigglers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gumdrop Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Cherry Popsicles by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Peach Boy Ice Cream by The Ninja Baker
- Mango Creamsicles by The Redhead Baker
- No-Cook Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream by Hardly A Goddess
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- S’mores Cheesecake by The Freshman Cook
- Turtle Poke Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whoopie Pies by Monica’s Table
- Broccoli Cheese Soup by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Dog Muffins by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Deep Dish Pizza Casserole by My World Simplified
- Grilled Pizza Flatbread Bar by Momma’s Meals
- How to Set Up a Hot Dog Bar by An Appealing Plan
- Lobster Gnocchi by Caroline’s Cooking
- Madison’s Shrimp Lasagna Rolls by Life Tastes Good
- Orecchiette Pasta with Creamy Alfredo Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Pasta Quattro Formaggi by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole by Cooking with Carlee
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Chef Next Door
- Tuna Salad Grinders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Caprese Quesadillas by Simple and Savory
- Maple Brown Sugar Granola Clusters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Parfait by Our Good Life
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.