I started with chopping up all the chocolate I could readily get my hands on - Kit Kats, Aeros and Twix for the most part - and tempered their extra sweetness (since I usually use bitter or semisweet) with a few bags of crushed potato chips. Realizing I was low on the requisite margarine (the recipe came from Becel), I tossed in the rest of the amount's worth in cream cheese, followed by a scoop of mayonnaise for the eggs (a trick I picked up from Cupcake Project). Scooped and baked off (without the need to chill, although this worked fine as well with subsequent batches), I was rewarded with the perfect amount of soft, chewy, two-bite cookies laden with pops of sweet, salty and crispy treats. Even better, they were the perfect generation-bridging food thanks to the slight tang of the mayo and cream cheese as well as the dark muscovado sugar, and they disappeared before I got a chance to buy one!
This week, our #SundaySupper tastemakers have the answer to those who find themselves with too much candy after Halloween. We've got a ton of creative, decadent and (slightly less) spooky Leftover Halloween Candy Recipes waiting for you!
- Candy Bar Blondies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Seven Layer Candy Bar by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Halloween Hangover Blondies by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Candy Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Gooey Candy Bar Brownie Cups by Desserts Required
- Leftover Candy Stuffed Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cake by NinjaBaker
- Candy Bar Truffles by The Crumby Cupcake
- Candy Toffee by Family Foodie
- Candy Filled Lollipops by The Freshman Cook
- Nutty Candy Bar Fudge by And She Cooks
- Butterfinger Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Candy Bar Oatmeal Cookies by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Full of Secrets Chocolate Chip Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Candy Popcorn Balls by Palatable Pastime
- Inside Out Caramel Apple Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Under the Sea Snack Mix by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.