One of the goodies I found when I was cleaning out my pantry and consolidating as much as I could in it was this jar of Sable & Rosenfeld's "Tipsy" chocolate sauce. I can only think that it was probably one of the items in a corporate gift basket my stepfather recieved at some function or Christmas get-together, since aside from downtown Toronto I've never seen the brand anywhere, and I certainly can't partake in a tasting due to my alcohol intolerance! However I wound up with the jar, I had it, and even though there was no marked expiry date I was fairly sure "indefinite" was not applicable. Even with the addition of booze in the mixture, I wanted to kill it before it had the potential to do any killing of it's own - and judging by the alcohol shelf-life guide it was probably best that way.
"Tipsy" Double Chocolate Cake
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
280 ml (1 cup + 3 tbsp) Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Chocolate & Cappuccino Liqueur Sauce (1 jar)
1/3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 330F. Grease a 9" pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vinegar and vanilla, beating well.
- Add half the dry mixture to the bowl, blending well, then add the chocolate sauce and milk and beat in.
- Add the remaining dry mixture and mix well.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before turning out.
Total Fat: 5.9 g
Cholesterol: 10.7 mg
Sodium: 64.9 mg
Total Carbs: 39.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 3.9 g