In celebration of the warm, fuzzy feeling I get from giving forward, and purely because I need something to take on the go with all this holiday travel, shopping and (ahem) lack of table space, I decided what better than a hearty, healthy breakfast cookie? These huge, hearty cookies are packed full of goodness - from sunflower seed butter to oats, spelt and both Love Crunch® Dark Chocolate & Red Berries and Whole O’s™ Cereal. Sweetened partially with stevia, they're a healthy indulgence when you're on the go during the week, or shopping for those last minute gifts - I keep them in the freezer for a quick bedtime snack too.
Whole O’s™ Breakfast Cookies
Adapted from Betty Crocker
¼ cup vegan margarine or butter, softened
¼ cup SunButter (or peanut butter)
2 tbsp canola oil
⅓ cup Truvia Baking Blend
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
½ cup water
3 tbsp ground flax seed
1 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
½ cup all purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
3 cups Nature‘s Path Whole O’s™ Cereal
1 cup Nature‘s Path Love Crunch® Dark Chocolate & Red Berries
- In a large bowl, beat butter, SunButter, oil, Truvia and sugar until blended.
- Beat in vanilla, water and flaxseed until well mixed.
- Beat in flours, oats, baking soda, salt and nutmeg until a dough forms.
- Stir in cereals.
- Cover with plastic and chill 1 hour (up to overnight*).
- Heat oven to 375°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or SilPat.
- Roll balls of dough and place 2” apart on the sheets. Flatten slightly (these don't spread)
- Bake 10 minutes, until light brown and set.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container.
*Note: longer chilling will cause the cookies to turn green, but don't worry - they're safe to eat!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 115.1 mg
Total Carbs: 31.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
Protein: 4.6 g