This cheesecake is named after one of my best customers (the same gorgeous and wonderfully supportive woman who ordered this pie a while back), and is quickly becoming one of the most popular custom items on my bakery's menu! It is egg-free but just as rich and creamy smooth, with the additions of silken tofu and custard (or vanilla pudding) powder. This is, without a doubt, a royal showstopper for any gathering.
Georgiana’s Snow – Cake
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons miniature chocolate chips
5 oz silken lite tofu (Mori-Nu or similar)
1 tsp custard powder (or cook-and-serve vanilla pudding powder)
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup full-fat sour cream
16 oz full-fat cream cheese, fully softened
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the bottom of a 9" spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the pan, and bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle cooled crust with the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine tofu, custard powder, water, vanilla and sour cream until smooth.
- In a large bowl, using electric beaters, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the tofu mixture until smooth, followed by the white chocolate.
- Bake in a water bath at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, leaving the cheesecake inside, and let sit for 45 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Total Fat: 22.4 g
Cholesterol: 49.7 mg
Sodium: 180.5 mg
Total Carbs: 22.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 4.6 g
Seeing how popular an off-the-top invented recipe of mine has become so quickly, how well-recieved it was by everyone and my sheer amazement at not only conquering my fear of cheesecakes but becoming quite the cheesecake queen over the past few months, I definitely think that this has been my best recipe of 2007. The event is being hosted by Sandra and zorra, with the round-up to be posted on New Year's Eve. Such wonderful people, working on a round-up when the rest of us are drinking bubbly and singing Auld Lang Syne!