I'm sending this delicious, nutritious pasta and veggie meal off to this week's roundup of Ruth of Once Upon A Feast's event Presto Pasta Nights... crazy early I know, but with school starting on Tuesday I need all the headway I can get! Abby from Eat the Right Stuff is playing host this week, so don't forget to take a look-see on Friday for what else is being served up!
Serves one, easily multiplied
6oz eggplant, cubed (peels on or off, up to you)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
3/4 cup diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the noodles 5 minutes (it will still be underdone). Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Combine eggplant, spices, cooking water and tomatoes in a covered microwaveable dish.
- Microwave 3 minutes.
- Top with the noodles and re-cover.
- Microwave on HI 8 minutes, stirring and uncovering halfway through.
- Mix lemon juice in well and serve.