That said, just like those layered upon layered gowns and updos that fill Hollywood on gala nights like tonight, these cookies are deceivingly complex - the dough itself (essentially a copycat of this one) gets hints of tang and tenderness from homemade ricotta, plus a crunchy, bittersweet note from powdered Coffee Bean Brittle. The filling is homemade caramel sauce, smooth almond butter and toasted almonds, making for a decadently rich experience that's a hit with any fancy coffee drinker, or simply any cookie aficionado!
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma's Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu's Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies
¼ cup solid coconut oil
¼ cup coffee sugar (ground Coffee Bean Brittle) or ¼ cup sugar + 2 tsp ground coffee (not instant)
½ cup cup-for-cup stevia (I used Pyure)
Homemade Egg Replacer for 1 egg, prepared
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. full-fat ricotta cheese, drained well
2 cups spelt flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ cup smooth, natural almond butter (well stirred)
½ cup thick caramel sauce (homemade or storebought)
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup slivered almonds
- In a bowl, beat together coconut oil, coffee sugar and stevia together until light.
- Add egg replacer, vanilla and ricotta, beating smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Roll half the dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a rectangle about ⅛” thick.
- Mix the almond butter, caramel sauce, salt and almonds together and evenly spread half the mix over the cookie dough, leaving a 1” border on one long side.
- Starting with the long side with the filling, carefully roll the dough into a cylinder.
- Roll in the waxed paper and then in foil*, place on a baking sheet and freeze at least 2 hours, or until needed.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- After dough has chilled, heat the oven to 350F and line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Slice cookie log into ½” thick cookies and place 1″ apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool before enjoying.
*If baking within a day or two, wrap the logs in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours, up to 48.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.5 g
Cholesterol: 4.8 mg
Sodium: 59.5 mg
Total Carbs: 16.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
Protein: 3.5 g