Sorry the post is so short, but ya know, it is midnight! I gotta sleep sometime, in between cookies and class!
Toffee - Apple Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 (3/4 oz) packets apple cider drink mix
1 tbsp golden corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp concentrated apple flavouring (Lorann's brand is what I used), optional
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup toffee pieces (like Skor)
- Heat oven to 375°F, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in drink mix, corn syrup, flavourings and egg.
- Mix together flours, baking soda and salt.
- Beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in toffee pieces.
- Bake 12 minutes and cook on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.9 g
Cholesterol: 8.1 mg
Sodium: 16.7 mg
Total Carbs: 7.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 0.6 g